This Statement sets out how Domus Aegis BV and its subsidiaries collect, use, store and handle personal data, in accordance with the GDPR (AVG) Regulations, which are needed to render our legal and business services to our clients.
Domus Aegis uses appropriate technical and organisational measures, processing Personal Data, to ensure the appropriate Personal Data Security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. All appropriate technological protection and organisational measures are in place to prevent a breach and where it nevertheless occurs, to react to it in a timely manner to the involved persons and inform the Dutch legal authority AP for personal data protection.
Commitment to Personal Data Protection
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal data we hold. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about providing your Personal Data to us, we outline in this Statement our practices and the choices you have concerning the collection and use of your Personal Data.
The Personal Data We Collect
The types of Personal Data we collect from you will depend on the specific type of our services as requested by, or provided to, you. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
- your personal information (e.g. your name, gender, date of birth, passport or other personally identifiable number);
- your contact information (e.g. telephone/fax numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses);
- your business information (e.g. company name, business title, trade register number chamber of commerce, fiscal registration number and contact information);
- your banking information (e.g. company bank account number, company billing address);
Certain Personal Data are required for specific legal and subsidy services and if you fail to supply such Personal Data as requested from each specific service, we may not be able to deliver you the requested services. By providing your Personal Data to us, you acknowledge that such provision is fair and/or required by the governments and funding organizations where we apply funding for you.
Purposes for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used
The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
- for the supply of any services, which we or any of our subsidiaries or associated companies may offer to you, or you may require from us, from time to time;
- for payment purposes for any of our services;
- for use of the online services available at any of the websites of Domus Aegis and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- with your consent, for marketing or promoting any of our services (e.g. sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions in relation to any of our services, from time to time);
- for identification and verification purposes in connection with any of our services that may be supplied to you;
- for communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for managing customer relationship;
- for making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation;
- for establishing legal claims or defences, obtaining legal advice, and/or exercising, defending and/or protecting the rights or properties, including identifying, contacting or bringing legal action against any person who may be causing interference with such rights or properties (whether intentionally or otherwise) or where any other person could be harmed or property of any other person could be damaged by such interfering activities; and/or
- for any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when your Personal Data is being collected, or any other purposes which you may from time to time agree.
We will not knowingly or intentionally use, share or sell your Personal Data in ways which are unrelated to the above purposes (or purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when we collect your Personal Data) without your prior consent.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
To facilitate the purposes mentioned above, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with third parties. These third parties may include the following:
- any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to Domus Aegis and its subsidiaries (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers).
If we intend to use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you for direct marketing purposes (e.g. to send you marketing communications about news, offers or promotions in relation to our services, we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
If we intend to provide your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you to third parties for their use in direct marketing, we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time, free of charge.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is our primary concern. Hence, we will not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data in our database from persons who are under 18 years of age without prior consent from a parent or guardian.
We do not use cookie files to store and track information about you and your preferences on our website. You don’t have to act to disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes, using Google Analytics. We are not responsible for Google privacy handling and ask you to read the Privacy Statement of Google (https://www.google.com/policies/privacy and https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html). As it is not linked to any personal information, it is separate from your Personal Data. Only in rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
Subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements, the Personal Data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned above after which it will be destroyed.
In order to ensure the correct use and to maintain the accuracy of the Personal Data collected from you, as well as preventing unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use of the Personal Data, we have implemented various internal policies (including physical, electronic and management measures) to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
For example, where we collect Personal Data online, we use an industry standard for encryption over the Internet known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, to protect the Personal Data.
Our websites have firewalls in place, which should protect the Personal Data collected from you against unauthorised or accidental access. However, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the internet, and privacy cannot be assured in your communications to us. You are encouraged to protect against unauthorised access to your password and credit card details. Make sure you sign out from your account when finished particularly when using a shared computer.
In order to anticipate your needs, our websites may contain links to third party sites that are operated under different privacy practices.
All such websites are independent from our websites. We have no control over the contents of such other websites or their privacy policies or compliance with the law. You should therefore be fully aware the provision of such links does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or any form of association by or with Domus Aegis. We have no control over Personal Data that is submitted to these other websites. You should remain alert when you leave our websites, and read the privacy statements of other websites.
How to Access or Correct Your Personal Data or Contact Us
You are entitled to access or correct any Personal Data relating to you held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data or if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access to Personal Data, correction of Personal Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by Domus Aegis may be sent to us at the following address:
Domus Aegis Helpdesk
Att. to the Privacy Officer
PO BOX 227, 9350 AE LEEK, The Netherlands
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time. You may access and obtain a copy of this Privacy Statement, as amended from time to time, at www.domusaegis.nl, so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use Personal Data.
This Privacy Statement is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Version: PS01_25th of May 2018, mr O.W. van der Kuip LLM, Domus Aegis BV